Human Resource and Operations Director
Human Resource and Operations Director – Job Description
Zenwork is the market-leading, award-winning provider of digital tax compliance software to 175,000+ SMBs, including 30,000 CPA firms, and large enterprises across the country. As the workforce continues to shift from full-time employees to independent contractors, businesses have been faced with increased informational tax reporting requirements at both the state and federal levels. Zenwork’s Tax1099 software enables companies of all sizes to compliantly e-file 1099 tax forms and other important tax documents related to their utilization of 3rd party contractors, vendors, and suppliers. Having e-filed over 20M tax forms to-date, Zenwork’s SaaS platform is focused on streamlining tax compliance and regulatory reporting on behalf of its customers.
Position – Location Fayetteville Arkansas
Reporting directly into our CFO, the Human Resource and Operations Director will work closely with the executive leadership to define, design, implement and manage the full scope of Human Resource programs and procedures at Zenwork as we scale and grow our talent pool. This person will be an integral part of the Zenwork team and manage the day-to-day operations of Human Resources across the company, driving both employee engagement and productivity.
- Partner with the executive team to implement, administer and improve upon overall HR strategies, systems, processes, and procedures across the organization.
- Leverage data and HR metrics to report on HR strategy performance and enable clear decision-making capabilities today as well as into the future.
- Champion Zenwork’s culture, values and beliefs throughout the company creating a positive working environment.
- Mature our recruitment program with repeatable processes that enables managers to source and hire qualified candidates in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Optimize our new hire on-boarding program enabling new employees to ramp up and deliver value as soon as possible.
- Assess employee training needs to identify and provide necessary training programs to grow and retain talent.
- Administer and improve upon a Total Rewards program that incorporates an array of employee compensation and benefits that are competitive and retentive.
- Evolve and administer our Performance Management program to provide on-going actionable feedback to employees enabling the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of human capital.
- Develop, implement, and maintain employee policies, practices, programs, and related employment activities.
- Establish processes and programs that allow for on-going compliance with all employment related laws and regulations, which include but is not limited to employment law, immigration, workers’ compensation, and safety requirements.
- Consult with leaders on employee relations issues, resolving conflicts and coaching leadership on effective performance management practices to minimize disruption in executing their business strategies.
- Manage the day-to-day administration of the Zenwork Fayetteville office to deliver a productive working environment.
- 3-5 years working experience as an HR generalist responsible for the design and implementation of HR programs, policies, and procedures with a focus on the recruitment of talent both directly and indirectly via recruiters.
- Ability to architect and measure HR strategies using data and HR metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases preferably Zenefits, Bonusly and Jazz HR.
- People-oriented and results-driven
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Excellent active listening, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Management, Organizational Behavior, or a related discipline
- Possesses a high EQ and effective influencing skills
- Previous experience in the technology industry
- PHR/SHRM Certification